Schedule and Events



March 26-29, 2012, Software Test Professionals Conference, New Orleans
July, 14-15, 2012 - Test Coach Camp, San Jose, California
July, 16-18, 2012 - Conference for the Association for Software Testing (CAST 2012), San Jose, California
August 2012+ - At Liberty; available. Contact me by email: Matt.Heusser@gmail.com

Thursday, November 06, 2008

The Rise of the Priviledged Worker

Economic Times are tough indeed. Security is hard to find. Yet there are some people who seem to always succeed despite tough times - and no, I am not talking about slick Sam the salesman.

Now, Sam might have questionable ethics. We may not want to be like him, we may not like his ethics or technique - but what he does, on some level, is important. Sam solves a unique business problem: Get the cash flowing in.

I submit to you that if we can find ways to solve business problems (or create opportunities), we can avoid the attitude of "I've got fifty guys lined up around the block, you'll take what I offer and be happy" for businesses, even in tough times.

In fact, just this morning, someone emailed me an article about the priviledged worker. I thought it was a good read.

No comments: