Schedule and Events



March 26-29, 2012, Software Test Professionals Conference, New Orleans
July, 14-15, 2012 - Test Coach Camp, San Jose, California
July, 16-18, 2012 - Conference for the Association for Software Testing (CAST 2012), San Jose, California
August 2012+ - At Liberty; available. Contact me by email: Matt.Heusser@gmail.com

Thursday, December 18, 2008

What has Matt been up to?

Well, a lot, but blogging hasn't been among them. Here's what's up:

The December issue of Software Test&Performance Magazine is out. You can download the issue here; our column, which is on test automation, begins on page 7.

I've joined the software-craftsmen Google group. I believe the Craftsperson movement has two great potentials: One, to improve the training of new developers, and two, to create social systems that could lead to better software and less technical debt over time.

I'm starting to work on proposals for Agile 2009 and have them in rough draft form. If you'd like to review them before I submit, please drop me an email: Matt.Heusser@gmail.com. I'd love to hear from you.

This week, O'Reilly approved the Beautiful Testing book project, which Adam Goucher asked me to contribute a chapter to. No, I will get no royalties; all royalties will be donated to purchase mosquito nets for rural Africa. And, no, I don't have a contract yet. Keep your fingers crossed.

Finally, and most importantly, I am working my tail off for Socialtext, who just released a new, free project to create social networks for people recently laid off.

So there you have it. A free magazine as a Christmas present, a request for peer review, a potential book project for a good cause, and lots and lots of software testing.

Want to get involved in any of it? Drop me a line. We can always use reviewers for the March Issue. And April, and May ...

No comments: