Schedule and Events



March 26-29, 2012, Software Test Professionals Conference, New Orleans
July, 14-15, 2012 - Test Coach Camp, San Jose, California
July, 16-18, 2012 - Conference for the Association for Software Testing (CAST 2012), San Jose, California
August 2012+ - At Liberty; available. Contact me by email: Matt.Heusser@gmail.com

Thursday, July 02, 2009

Beatiful Testing - Part I

My chapter on the book Beautiful Testing: Leading Professionals Reveal How They Improve Software is nearly complete. In fact, you can pre-order the book from Amazon right now.

But before you buy it, wouldn't you like to know what I'm going to say?

For that matter, it's just pretty expensive to be a tester right now. Better Software Magazine just stopped complimentary print delivery, Software Testing Club is going to charge a membership fee, and now Matt wants us to buy a book. I can hear the chorus of "thanks buddy" in my head, believe me. :-)

I can understand if you're skeptical. Here's what I am doing to help:

(1) All my royalties for the Beautiful Testing book will be donated to a charity - nothing but nets, that purchases mosquito nets for Africans. In fact, so will every other author for the book.

(2) The Good Lord has been good to me. I'm going to purchase TWO memberships in software testing club, and work with them to develop a competition to give the second one away.

(3) I've been working with O'Reilly, the publishers of Beautiful Testing. I can give away some of my chapter (for free) right now as a teaser, and more after publication.

Watch this space for my next post!

No comments: