Schedule and Events



March 26-29, 2012, Software Test Professionals Conference, New Orleans
July, 14-15, 2012 - Test Coach Camp, San Jose, California
July, 16-18, 2012 - Conference for the Association for Software Testing (CAST 2012), San Jose, California
August 2012+ - At Liberty; available. Contact me by email: Matt.Heusser@gmail.com

Wednesday, January 24, 2007

... I was wrong

A few weeks ago I put out a post on Elisabeth Henricksen's 2002 presentation, "Why Are My Pants On Fire?".

My conclusion was that the sentiment was obvious, but people don't act that way. While we might "know" the material intellectually, our behavior indicates otherwise. So, while the material wasn't new, we still need more people saying it.

After three weeks of talking to folks, it's becoming clear to me that this is, in fact, not obvious to a great many people.

That scares me. It tells me that we don't need more people presenting ideas like this --- we need a lot more.

Elisabeth, please accept my apology.

No comments: